Monday, April 26, 2010

1st Follow-Up/Fill update!

So I had my first post-op follow up appointments last Thursday, April 22, with Dr. Fuzz, Dr. Smith and Amber! They were all so great and so proud of me which gave my confidence a magnificent boost! I had been beating myself up for somewhat plateuing already.. and they informed me that with a weightloss of 18 lbs since I had last weighed, I'd lost more than they would expect from a gastric bypass patient (they typically lose faster) and 1/3 of what they expect me to lose overall. WOW! Talk about exciting news!

Of course I know that this won't be the case everytime, but it was not a bad way to start at all! However, this didn't calm my anxiety when it came time to fill the band! They discussed not filling it, since I had such good weight loss but I told them that I'm hungry a LOT so they decided to go ahead and put in 1.5 CC's. Just as everyone said, it wasn't bad at all! It stung a little when Elizabeth put the needle in, and again when she pulled it out, but really.. not that bad! And a little pain is totally worth the gain (okay, loss..)!

I got full clearance to start working out, so in addition to walking a couple of times a week I'm going to start working out with one of my best friends, Laura, and her husband, Jason who is going to be our "trainer!" I'm so excited about that! He'll kick my ass into gear and into shape! And we're going to start out on the farm so I won't have to pay for a gym membership quite yet - even better!

So now that I've shared my numbers (which took a longgg time) with Brian, who I was most scared to share them with, I'll tell everyone, as I said I eventually would!

Sooo...

Highest Weight (6/09, age 24.5):
245 lbs. eeeek!

Weight at first appt with Fuzz/Amber (12/09 or 1/10?):
233

Weight at surgery:
225

Weight at first post-op appt:
207

So technically I've lost 38lbs total. Holy crap! Amazinggg :)
Still can't tell in my hips/butt but by gosh my pants can sure tell! I need belts, or as Dad and Jay say, I need suspenders... bahah. Love them!

So, I'm making progress, and today is the first day in.... 6 weeks?.... that I'm not on a restricted diet! Yayyy! I'm on a true lap-bander diet now! How exciting!

However, when we fly up to NY (!!!!!!) on Friday I'll be on liquids for 2 days following, since my band will expand a little, making it tighter... same goes when we come back.. soo... a couple extra days! Oh well.. the trip will be so much fun, plus I'll probably lose a couple extra pounds if I'm on liquids right? Ha! I need my airplane fix anyway! <3

Life is good. I'm truly happyyyy and I still don't hate Old Becky. I think she's still cute as pie!

NMW. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment