Thursday, April 1, 2010

Quick update! Day 8 post-op!

So, quick update, because life is hectic and I'm leaving for the beach after work/packing/errands!

Life is amazing! Things are going so well in every aspect, and I know that it's not just because I had Lap Band surgery 8 days ago, but it sure as hell helps :)

So far I've lost about 12 pounds since surgery, which I realize sounds insane since I'm only 8 days out. But when you're on a clear/full liquid diet.. anything's possible! I haven't thrown up at all which is great, but in my weakest moment, I did chew up and spit out some chips that I'd been craving for a week, damn those Chinese restaurants and their amazing noodle chip things that come with soup!

I've started walking a LOT! It's awesome! I'm "allowed" to walk as tolerated (the most I've calculated was 2 miles last night with Brooke!) so I've just gone as far as I wanted! And it gets easier everytime, which I know is also in part because I'm losing weight at such a rapid rate... which will taper off soon I'm sure! But I bought some walking/eventually running shoes that I loveee and having Tanglewood across the street, plus this amaing weather lately, is just the perfect combination to use them! In the past week I've walked with Magan, Mom and Brooke, but so many people want to come walk with me and it makes me so excited!!! Next week I have walking dates with Crystal, Brooke, Holly, my sister, Ash W, April, Missy... all kinds of people! It makes me so happy that everyones so supportive but also inspired/encouraged to get outside with/by me!

I have to give mad props to my best friend, Brian. He's always been wonderful, but he's been truly amazing thus far. He makes everything worth the struggle and reminds me why it is I'm doing this... to be the best Becky I can be. Not just for me, but to make him and everyone else (more) proud of me as well. He's spent so much time with me and he's so good about always asking if I'm okay, and just making sure that I'm comfortable, even when he's not there with me. He's an angel, and I hope he reads this! <3

Tonight right after work I'm heading to the beach for our annual Easter vacation with the whole fan damily! Always love spending time with the McGehee side of the fam! Yay! Minus Melissa (Boooo!) And of course the girls are going to kick the boys' butts in Putt Putt! I'll also get to see Brian Durham as well as Mr. & Mrs. Caleb Davis + bun in the oven :) What a fun weekend ahead!

Next weekend is Washington, DC. And three weeks from that, NY! So, life if hectic!

NMW <3

No comments:

Post a Comment