Wednesday, November 24, 2010

WIW... thanksssss.

WIW.... still at a standstill. I have decided that I'm going to ask for a small un-fill at my next appointment. I think my band may be too tight, as I've gotten sick a bit more and without even realizing it, I've started turning to "slider" foods knowing that they'll go down easily. Crap. Didn't I pay attention in class?? I think I need a refresher.

Last night was kind of a wake-up call. As I finished baking my Pumpkin Gooey Bars, I decided it couldn't hurt to just try a little corner. Like 2x1. Well, apparently my band was mad at me for this. It didn't want to go down right away, so I thought, well.. I'll just help it along a little bit, I'm thirsty anyway.. how about a liiittle glass of milk. EHHHHHHHHHHHH. Bad idea. I immediately regretted this decision as I made my way to the porcelain throne, which, mind you, I keep very clean these days.. like I said, I've gotten sick a bit more. The only thing that came up (sorry for the gory det's) is the milk. Okay Lap Band, you've made your point. You win. You always do. No liquids for 30 minutes it is.

Hold the phone. It's Thanksgiving?? Already?? Seriously. This year has flown by. I remember joking last year about how we had 2 more mouths to feed since Jen & MB were preggo. Now the beautiful babies are here and this will be a Thanksgiving for the books! I am so excited to spend the holiday not only with my local relatives but then again with my relatives in Cary and those who came up from Jacksonville, FL! This is the first year we've all been together, and probably the first time we have all been together at one time since Mandy & Ian's wedding! How exciting!

You may be asking yourself "What the heck is Beck going to eat at this time of feasting and carrying on and making much ado about... FOOD?" Well, if you've figured out the answer to that, please let me know! I know that turkey will be too dry (no offense, Dad or Pat, it's not your cooking, it's the meat's fault!) to go down easily. I guess I could add some gravy, but I don't really like it all that much.. and why take up space when I could have all the other delicious trimmings?

I'm sure I'll fill my plate up regardless. I mean, come on, it's Thanksgiving! My eyes have been much bigger than my stomach for 8 months now, and even though I know "I can't eat all of that" it still makes me feel good when I have leftovers on my plate. Call me wasteful, but I bet dogs don't love you as much as they love me! I'm super excited about my aunt making my grandmother's dressing. I'm pretty sure she's the only one who knows how to do it and it holds a special place in my heart and tiny tummy.

And, I'll have you know, I am in charge of the green bean casserole this year. Heyyo! I guess after 24 years of not cooking anything, my time was up. I've enjoyed finding recipes and whipping things up a lottt more than I thought I would. But I've gotta be careful because I'm pretty sure I could eat Pumpkin Gooey Bars every day of my life and gain back all 65 pounds that I've lost! :P

I've been thinking about WIW for the past couple of days... and while I really want to thank Abraham Lincoln for allowing me to have the next two days off work, there are a lot of people I want to give thanks. I may have to bundle some of you, as there are so many conglomerations (I love fancy words.)

I am grateful for:

My Lap Band - okay, maybe you're not a person, but you're a part of me. You've made your home around my belly, and you make yourself quite prominent in my life everyday. Thank you for helping me to lose this weight and taking the weight of the world off of my shoulders and taking my hips, thighs, arms, belly, etc with you. I wouldn't be where I am today without you, LB! Even though you make me curse you sometimes, I'll never regret my decision. No matter what.

Mom & Dad - well, there aren't enough words or gifts in the world to thank you for everything you've done for me, with me and in support of me. You've carried me through thick & thin (literally. hahah) and never once doubted my ability to use my lap band as a tool and to conquer this ongoing weight issue. I am beyond blessed to have you as my parents, my life coaches, my guardians, and my saving graces. "Love you more" :)

Jen & Jay - my most favorite sister & BIL in the world. I couldn't have asked for better. Seriously. Between the wit, the humor and the sarcasm, we get along so well and it makes me realize how much you guys love me when you (both) get protective. I look forward to the day when I can bring a guy home for Thanksgiving and let him face the wrath of Jaybird. Until then, that sweet baby boy that you have perfected is my date! I am so grateful to have you guys as supporters and as my steadfast rock to lean on when times get hard and I just need a hug. Okay, maybe Jen more so for that.. but Jay for comic relief. I love you guys so much!

The Girls - (by this I mean Magan, Ash (BJ & W!), Holly, Andrea, Kelly, Kylie, Lindsey, Brooke etc) Thank you, each of you, for being such amazing best friends through all of this. Near or far, you've provided words of comfort, wisdom and encouragement which have meant more to me than you'll ever know. I may not say it enough, but I am so glad to have y'all in my life. Thank you for every compliment, every "you're doing awesome!" and every single laugh along the way. I love you girls!

The Farm Girls - (by this I mean Laura, Bahnie, Stephanie, Meredith, Katie, Annie, etc.) Thank you for being scared for me, and helping me to weigh my options before I made this drastic life change. I hope that you're proud of me, and I know that you are! Thank you for the girls nights and for listening to me cry when I just needed to get it out. For putting me in my place or cleaning up my broken glass. For making me laugh and for showing me that it is possible to overcome anything with enough strength. Alsooo, thank you La for all the meals & Lap Band-friendly cooking lessons :) I love y'all!

E & B - I put you two together because, well, you're independently my best friends and don't really fit into any of the above groups. You're the ones who know me inside & out whether that be good or bad, and whether or not I tell you whats going on in my life or not. You just have some kind of 6th Becky sense. You know when I need a bbm/text or a smile and you know when I'm at my wits end and just need to vent. You've seen me through some tough times and never faltered. Thank you for just being there. I love you guys!

The Carolina Girls - (Loryn, Jaclyn, Heidi, McKenzie, Marisa, Erica, and I'm adding Carol & Cameron to this group too!) You ladies are amazing! My sister couldn't ask for better best friends/relatives. I consider each of you to be an extension of our family and it warms my heart that you are all still so close. I look up to each of you probably more than you'd expect. You each serve as wonderful role models in your own way! I respect everything you guys have accomplished and it makes me proud to think that I'll someday be just as wonderful as a professional, a wife and a mother. You all mean so much to my sister, and thereby, so much to me! I love you all!

My extended family - whew, there are wayy too many of you to name. But you're all always there for me regardless of circumstance. You've helped me grow and you've helped me to face some of my demons. You've helped me in times of despair and held me when I've cried. You've helped to mold and shape me into the woman I am today and the woman I am still becoming everyday. I am so blessed to have each of you, and I love the fact that I have so much of both sides of the family in my personality! I love you!

My boys - Thank you for being there as amazing friends, since elementary school or post-college. Thank you for telling me how great I look, and for saying nice things about me behind my back! You'll never know how much I truly appreciate that you recognize my hard work and that it makes me feel wonderful when one of you says "You've always been pretty!" I heart you.

A-holes - Thank you for tearing me down and making me feel like crap for a reallyyy long time. You may not have done it directly to my face, but we both know the hurtful things you've said about me, and that's the sad part. You may have said or done something to me that you didn't even know hurt my feelings. But you weren't there to see the tears I cried into my pillow. You weren't there to clean up the pieces of my shattered, broken heart. But hear you me, I took all of that resentment and turned it into pride. I am proud of myself and who I've become and you'll never make me feel so small (errr.. big.) again. I don't hate you, because I'm not a hater. I hate that you belittle others mentally, physically and emotionally because you're going to do that for the rest of your life and there's not a fix for that. I hate that it took me so long to realize that I am above you. I hate that I can't help any of you because you're too far gone. Maybe someday. Regardless, I love you for building my strength.

NMW,

<3

PICTURESSSS! I found one from New Years 2009 at Laura's that I just had to use as a before picture! Oh-em-gee! And yes, Mom, that's a shotgun.... I'm sorry your baby has redneck tendencies. The other is from Kevin & Caroline's bday party, November 2010 :)

1 comment:

  1. Awww Becky! You are so sweet and I want you to know how proud of you I am and how much I consider all the Page/Weavers a part of my family! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete