Sunday, March 28, 2010

Home - Day 5

So it's day 5 since I've been home and I'm doing awesome!! The pain is minimal and I've been trying to only take pain medicine as needed/at night before bed, so that I'll sleep comfortably. And to date, (since last summer) I've lost 28.5 pounds!! I'm going with that number because I worked hard for those first 20 pounds, dang it!!!

Thursday Kristin and I rode around a little bit just to get out of the house, went to get her dogs from Justin's Mom, tried to find her mom but she was MIA, and then just went back to the condo to relax, by this point I needed a nap! I slept for a bit then we hung out and waited on Ashley W to get here to hang out with us. They made rice krispie treats which was fineee by me b/c I was in no way shape or form hungry or jealous! Haha. I had a few sips of broth a couple of times that day, which was good, I thought! And tried to drink as much juice and water as I could.. I need to work on that. We even ventured out to Wal-Mart b/c I was feeling like doing some walking! - I get a spurt of energy after taking my pain meds... as soon as we got home, I crashed. Haha.

Friday morning Kristin left to go back to VA :( and I went back to sleep for a little bit.. wrote some thank you notes and watched Brothers.. Erin got into town and came right over! We talked for about an hour before my poor little self needed a nap.. I slept for about an hour, then took a shower and got ready to go to our facial appointments at Silk Road, downtown. What a great idea that was! So relaxing and soothing, I'd never had a facial before! We left there and came back here to wait on Steph to come hang out! Pocket Fulla Sunshine - complete! :) I loved hanging out with them and just talking about anything and everything. An old friend, April came by so it was fun to catch up and talk with her as well! We have a crazy history to say the least! Haha. The rest of the evening was calm, Mom & Dad stopped by to check on me and pick up a couple of things, and I spent the rest of the night relaxing on the couch til I went to bed!

Saturday was a totally different story! I was busy all day long, but I loved it! I woke up bright and early to get ready to help Brooke get ready for Addison's birthday party - last minute party preparation is just what we do, even for Brooke and Jon's wedding! First stop: Target. We always intend to spend as little time and money as possible, but somehow that never works out to our advantage.. oh well. We got some good stuff! And then to Lowe's to pick up the cake, balloons, etc. while Addie and Aunt Beck took a nap in the car! Back to Brooke & Jon's to get ready for the par-tay! Then off to Rich Park to enjoy Addison's 3rd birthday with lots of family and adorable little friends! Catching up with Crystal and playing with Barrett was so much fun! I love babies, and it makes me so much more excited for those on their way!

Speaking of which - Ella Rose will make her debut any day now! I'm so excited!!! And little mister Mason is trying to come a couple weeks early so his Mommy (MB) is on bedrest, bless her heart! I'm going to try to go visit today! Banks and Graham are hangin in there as far as I know! No news is good news :)

Saturday afternoon after the party I came home and Magan and I did a little spring cleaning, as the past couple of lazy days have worn off on both of us and things were getting a little out of hand! We couldn't let all of Ashle's hard work go to waste! So we de-cluttered and de-stunk the the apartment!

Last night Brian and I took Anna to see How to Train Your Dragon in 3-D. Soo cute! It was precious to see them together. And her Dad tells me she likes me, so I'm pretty happy about that. We played hide & seek for a good while and I sent her home with candy, roses and a balloon... no, I'm not a spoiler at all :) I'm just glad her Daddy seems to like me as much as she does! Haha. He's my best friend and everything I could ask for in someone to be by my side through this whole process, journey and transformation.

Today I plan on relaxinggg... taking it easy and doing some reading, and trying to decide whether the pain is at bay enough to quit taking my pain medicine so that I can go back to work tomorrow! If nothing else, I hope I can atleast go for a half day to get caught up on things.. I'm sure my clients have left me 283942 voicemails to greet me upon my return. Lovely!

So today I'm supposed to start on "full liquids" which includes yogurt, protein shakes, etc. as tolerated. We'll see how that goes.. I'll try to update more often so that my posts aren't so dang long!

NMW <3
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment