Wednesday, May 5, 2010

hey hey weigh in wednesday!

So Ash and I went up to NY this past weekend to visit one of our best friend, Andrea, and her fiance Kevin. We had sooo much fun! And I definitely got LOTS of walking in :) Not to mention sleep because, whew! It was exhausting! I totally fell asleep everytime I stopped moving for more than 5 min (car, train or plane!). We got to see a lot of awesome things and it was so nice to have such great tour guides! We also got to meet a few of their friends up there which was awesome - they were all so nice and being in the medical field - interested in my procedure which I just thought was the coolest thing in the world :) I love talking about it but I love even more when people are intrigued by the procedure!

Per Andrea's sweet friend Molly's advice, I've decided to start a "Weigh In Wednesday" post to keep all of you updated on my progress... and I promise not to sugarcoat it or not post just because I didn't lose that week, or what have you (not that I anticipate that happening!!). That being said....

As of this morning my weight is 205! I'm 5 pounds away from 200! Holy crap! Yay! I haven't been 205 since the summer I was 20 years old.. crazyy! And what's interesting is that even though I weigh in the mornings after I've emptied my bladder... I sometimes weigh in the afternoons too (I'm slightly obsessed because it makes me so happy... sue me.) and I've found lately that I've weighed LESS in the afternoons! Say whaaaat? It's purely insane. But I've really started watching it and I've noticed that when I get off track, I don't lose as much or as quickly - so therefore I'm cutting out things like wine and whatnot (big no no anyway, but I tend to forget and make it a big yes yes) and as long as I'm seeing good results I'm pretty sure it will be easy to keep that off my "okay every once in a while" list.

Mom, sis and Holly have been awesome walking partners! Although I'm about to cut Jen off from being able to come with us... 2 miles at 8 months prego is taking its toll on her and I don't want her to strain herself til it's absolutely time for him to come - then we can walk, walk, walk til she goes into labor! :)

Mom and I had an awesome heart to heart the other night, in which she reminded me what an awesome kid I was growing up. I was always soo easy going and didn't have a care in the world. I was content staying home on a Friday night with just her and watching TGIF or a movie.. I didn't have to have constant attention and entertainment from friends or anyone but her or my family for that matter! I want to get back to that Becky. Baby Becky was such a sweetheart, and she's definitely still inside, but it's so easy to get caught up in the expectations of society sometimes. I've expressed to my friends that I don't want to go out as much, and for a while that will include not even going to the bar and "just not drinking." which most of them understand, and they're the ones that will come over and be boring with me when I do need some entertainment :)

I'll update as soooon as I hit that milestone of 200 as well!!

NMW <3


Update: 5/6/10 - I weighed this morning and I'm at 204. It was just so exciting that I had to post again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment