Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My "Dream"







My nephew, Graham Nance Weaver, is the newest addition to the family and the newest love of my life! He is, undoubtedly, the sweetest, most precious miracle ever born - but that's coming from a doting aunt (and anyone who has met him to date!). The process of pregnancy, labor and delivery are nothing short of amazing. Slightly traumatizing, yes, but beautiful - in a really gross way.

For the first time in my life I was in the delivery room to witness childbirth. Now, I don't think I'll ever do that so willingly again, but experiencing that with my sister, Jay and Mom was truly extraordinary. It wasn't necessarily part of the "birthing plan" but when it came down to it, she did AMAZING and was such an inspiration to me! I look forward to the day, years from now, that my sister holds my hand and rubs my feet while I experience the most excruciating pain known to womankind!

Graham is the most magnificent gift I have ever received. Everyone told me that being an Aunt would be the best job ever. I've had 3 years of experience with Kaylee, so I knew I was cut out for the job! What I didn't know, however, was how in love I could be with this gooey little (TINY) thing! Before they could even start getting him cleaned off, I asked the nurse if I could "touch him" - she said of course, so I stuck my finger out and his sweet little hand grasped it immediately.

That. Was. Amazing. I knew he was scared of all the bright lights and commotion - I've seen "Look Who's Talking." And as his Dad sat patiently and sportively by his Mother's side as an amazing husband and proud new father, I wanted Graham to know that I was there, and that for the rest of his life I will take his hand if he's ever scared. I wanted him to know by my touch and familiar voice that not only do so many people love him to the moon, but that when he's in an unfamiliar place, he can always count on me to be there for him in any way, big or small, that I can.

He's the light of my life and I look so forward to watching him grow and forming that special Aunt Becky-Graham bond that we will forever share. He's got an amazing family, and more love than SO many babies in this world. He'll never feel unwanted and he'll never go without. He'll also never do anything to get in trouble, break a girl's heart, or experiment with drugs. Why? Because he's perfect. :)

If only that were true! I wish I could protect him from the mean, scary world, but I know that this tiny being will grow into a precious toddler, a sweet little boy, a strong young man, and an incredible adult. He will follow in both of our father's footsteps to accomplish many amazing things, and defeat any obstacles that may come his way. I love this baby boy more than my words in a blog could ever express, and although I don't see him everyday (so as not to wear out my welcome!) I do think about him approximately 95% of everyday. He's got me wrapped around his teeny little finger that he so properly sticks out all the time! I wish I could just put him in my pocket and carry him everywhere I go - I guess a picture on my cell phone background will have to do!

I love you forever Graham.

No matter what.

Love,
Aunt Becky

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! You're right, Becky! He IS PERFECT!!! To the moon and back, to infinity, forever and always--that's how much he's loved and MORE!!! Thanks, Becky, for sharing your precious sister with us. I could never have handpicked a more wonderful daughter-in-law, and now look what she and Jay have given us---lucky us!!!!!! And by the way, I'm really happy you came along too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't he?? My goodness I think he gets cuter every time I see him! :) And he is OH SO loved! I'm happy to share her with such a wonderful family myself and so happy that we all get along so well and love each other so much! And I know Graham adores his Nana!

    ReplyDelete