Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Oh, hey 180's, nice to see you again!

Wooohooooo I'm finally in the 180s and it feels amazingg as do I! I'm at 189 and once again, I've lost 2 pounds since last week. Yay! I know I should be just as happy when I lose a pound a week, but really.. 2 pounds closer to my goal is always a huuuge victory!

I also got a new job!!! Another huuuuge victory! Starting in a couple of weeks I will be the new Community Resources Consultant for Forsyth County DSS! Yay! Sounds pretty important, and that's exciting to me.. it's all in a name! I'll be working with the LIEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance Progam) and CIP (Crisis Intervention Program) programs! Woo! No more casework! Well, just in a different capacity. I feel like everything is changing and all for the better.

I'm getting a grip on life and taking it by the horns. I'm doing amazing things and I've got a lot to look forward to and work towards. I feel like all of this change, while absolutely terrifying, is absolutely necessary. I constantly say that I want a change of scenery and I want to get out of "this place" but sometimes small changes are just as much. As long as I keep doing what's best for me, everything will fall into place!

I'm really in a good place right now and I don't want to jinx myself, but I feel like things are only going to get better. God has proven to me that if I put myself first and truly care for and love myself, others will do the same. It's amazing the outpour of support I've received recently. People I never talk to at work have stopped me in the hall to tell me how great I look or to ask me what my secret is :) My Lap Band surgery is no secret, and I love telling people about the procedure.

I can honestly say this is the best thing I've ever done for myself. Ever. For so many years I filled a void and a hole in my heart with food and spending money on clothes, etc. But now, I'm learning how to control my eating and everthing else is getting easier to control as well.. Finallyyy.

So many good things have been happening/are coming up! I had a fabulous trip to Charlotte last weekend to celebrate the life of my best friend, Erin, which was fabulous!

This coming weekend is my "little" cousin Don and Julia's wedding, they are soo precious and I can't wait for that celebration! <3 As well as seeing all of my aunts & uncles, exciting that Debbie, Don, Sandy and Kyle will be here!

Of course, starting my new position in a couple of weeks will be exciting! Anxiety inducing, but exciting! I'm really sad to leave my current unit... as much as I'm not sad to leave my 1,000 cases behind, I'm leaving behind the best supervisor I've ever had and the best coworkers I've ever worked with. They really make me laugh on a daily basis, but I guess moving on is what I've go to do. Hopefully I'll have the same stroke of luck upstairs!.. even half would be nice.

There's really not much else to talk about... the exciting part is that I'm down to 189! I am so flippin happy about that! I've worked hard to get this far, and the fact that I only have 29lbs til I get to their goal and 49 til I get to mine.. makes it seem soo much more attainable! I've already knocked out 44 since surgery and 56 since last summer... what's another 29-49?? Pshhhh!

NMW,

<3

Jen's phone takes great pictures :) Most recent of me & G-Unit from 7/31/10

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the new job and the new weight! And I love your hair too! And, of course, you know I love the picture of you with the cutest baby on earth!! So glad things are going well for you, Becky! You are a sweetheart, and I love you!!

    ReplyDelete