Friday, March 12, 2010

11 days til surgery!!!

So I thought I could try to blog everyday.. but that's crazy talk.
It's hard enough to try to do it once a week!
Last night I found an awesome vlog (video blog) on youtube/livejournal, by a girl named Ashley in Seattle who was my age (2 years ago) when she had Lap Band surgery. It's awesome to watch how she transformed, and she's got basically my same personality and sense of humor which cracks me up, because I think/feel the same things/way she does! I was kinda sad to realize that she stopped vlogging and blogging about a year ago, and it seems no one has heard from her since. I'm going to try to contact her when I have some free time! She's actually inspired me a lot in just an hour or two of reading/watching, which was awesome!

I'm pretty much halfway to my surgery date now!!! Today is day 10 and I have 11 to go! Nutrition class is Monday, which one of my best friends, Laura is going to go to with me since she's such a good Mommy and she's already an awesome cook, and will be taking care of me for the latter couple of days of the week after surgery, when my own Mom goes back to work! :) I'm so blessed/spoiled, whatever you wanna call it! Anddd I have no idea about puree-ing things, but I'm positive she does!

I'm sooo excited about all of the upcoming events!!! Ashley and I are purchasing our plane tickets for our April trip up to NY to see Andrea, and Magan will purchase her's next week (thank you tax refunds!)!!! One weekend in April my sister and I are driving up to Washington, DC to see her friends which will be awesomee... Andddd Bowman Gray racing starts up in April and Ash's husband Brody will be racing, which will be fun for us to go watch (anddd try to get on the History channel show Madhouse... whattt?)

Sooo lap band.. right.. umm I'm kinda getting to the point where I'm having all kinds of different emotions, like, mostly the anxiety kind... but more so the excited kind of anxiety... like, right before you go on a big trip you get all worked up and anxious and can't wait to get to the airport or get on the road.. I can't wait to get to the hospital!! I've never had surgery of any type before, except for my wisdom teeth but I'm prettyy sure that doesn't count. So, I have no idea what to expect, but I do know that I'll be in good hands! And I know that I've already had so many people praying for me, that they will continue to do so and forunately/unfortunately I've got way more Guardian Angels than I can count, so I know I'll be juuust fine!

I've been drinking a lot of coffee w/splenda today b/c I'm supposed to cut out all caffeine on Tuesday. Ahhhh what ever will I do?? I guess I'll just be so hyped up about surgery I'll make it through the workdays on pure addreneline! Or just get a lot done today, tomorrow and Monday so that I can breeze through next week! Yesss, that's a good plan!

Mom & Dad have gone to Mississippi and Jen & Jay are going to Huntersville tomorrow night so that leaves me with a house, a cat and a dog to sit! Which is fun for me because it's nice to have their whole house to myself, and Macy's so cuddly and fun to play with. Daisy's just... Daisy. She's senile, but somewhere deep down inside I love that cat. I'll never have one of my own, but she's okay, at their house.
I plan on kidnapping Kaylee tonight and since Alice in Wonderland would probably scare the crap out of her (and maybe her Aunt Beck) I'm not sure what we're going to do. But something fun and 3 year old friendly :) Tomorrow night is her Mommy's baby shower for little mister Mason! Can't wait til he gets here and I can't wait to see everyone!

I love it when people ask me questions about the surgery from my perspective (nothing technical, please, because I'll only refer you to LapBand.com!) But if you've made it this far reading, clearly you're pretty interested in the journey I'm taking, so if you have any questions about how I'm feeling, why the hell I'm doing this, or anything of the sort, PLEASE feel free to ask!!! And words of encouragement are also welcome because, let's face it, we all love positive attention ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment