Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One weeeeek :)

So surgery is only a WEEK away from today!!! Yayayay! Even this point, I thought would take forever to get here, but the past 2 weeks haven't been all that slow, as I've been busy trying to get ALL of my March work done before I'm gone for the rest of the week next week. So far, so good, I've just still got a lot more to do!

So I weighed myself this morning, and I've been really frustrated the last week or so because I haven't been losing any weight! I had lost 10 before I started the pre-op diet, but as Ash W says, I found 5 while I was having my "last fav meals".. I've now lost those again, and even let go of 3 more :) Plus it's uh... that time... so I'm still retaining water/a little bloated, so I'll see where I am like next Monday. I'm pretty sure I'll be as happy as I was this morning!

I'm also happy as a clam because my friends are ahhhh-mazing! Everyone has been soo supportive of me lately and even though everyone is scared out of their minds for me (it's cute!) they're more excited to see how this changes my life. Anddd they're all willing to come "take it easy" with me after surgery. Kristin is even coming down from Richmond Wed afternoon - Fri morning to hang and take care of me so Mom can go back to work! Poor Lala has to have her wisdom teeth out that Friday so she's out of commission!!! Atleast I won't be the only one on clear liquids :)

Mom and I went to the nutrition class yesterday, which I thought would scare the crap out of me... but it didn't! It just made me so much more excited! Amber's enthusiasm about it put me at ease and made me realize that there's absolutely nothing to be scared of, just mentally prepared for change!

B came over last night which helped a ton as well. He's going through so much change himself but it's nice to know that I have a best friend who supports me in such a journey and doesn't judge me whatsoever. His confidence in me makes me realize that I can do anything, and his longg hugs put my soul at ease. That and the fact that he makes me laugh on the reg!

I love having best friends that I can talk to about this because we all know I'm a talker... and if you give me an inch I'll take a mile. But my friends are so understanding. I've never ever ever talked about my weight. It's always been the elephant in the room (or maybe I have.. bahah) but now that I have, they're so open and willing to listen! Ashley B/J is the best at cheering me on. Everytime I lost a pound or 3 she's like the first person I tell, because I know she'll be so excited! It's great to have such a support team behind me.

And not drinking really hasn't been bad at all! Not at all like I thought it would be. And I'm going to try to keep this up for about a year, atleast until I get all my weight off, because I've heard numerous times that drinking stalls weight loss, and I haven't come this far to go back to what I was doing before, which is probably how I gained most of my recent weight to begin with.

I'm going to use this to my full advantage and try my damndest not to take it for granted. I have so much to literally lose :) and so much to gain in the process. My nerves are pretty calm, a lot more so than I thought they would be. Not to say that by this time next week I won't be a nervous wreck, but I will be okay!

All in all, I'm really really ready for this!!!!

No matter what, <3

No comments:

Post a Comment