Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New beginnings!

So I started this a long time ago, but after lots of frustrations, setbacks, dead end roads, and basically giving up all hope of finding a reason for my lifelong weight gain, I also gave up on blogging about my journey to an answer.

A few months later, I'm on a new journey and so far I've had no set backs, only anxiety, which has been mostly relieved!

Yesterday I was approved by BCBS to have Lap-Band surgery on March 23, 2010. Yayayayay! This was not an easy decision for me to make, by any means. I discussed the procedure with many people who have had lap band or gastric bypass surgery done, friends and family members, and once I had enough positive feedback, decided to go to the information session as well as sit in on one of the support group meetings.

This was all I needed! I turned in my packet and began my journey!

Not long after, I started scheduling meetings and nutrition classes, met with Fuzz the surgeon, Amber the nutritionist, and Dr. Jeff Smith, the psychologist. All wonderful, amazing, brilliant, caring, people, as anyone who has worked with them can tell you! Amber and Jeff were crossing their fingers for me as we awaited BCBS's decision last week... talk about pins & needles! In addition to this, I had a TON of people praying for me and supporting me, and let me tell you, it worked!!!

I have never been so elated to find out such news, and I know they say be careful what you wish for, but if all I wish is to be happy, I don't think that's too dangerous! :)

I vowed to a best friend to write myself a letter, from me today, to me a year from now, without bashing myself. And I plan to do such in my next post.

I look so forward to this lifelong journey and to see what life has to offer in the next year or so. And I am oh sooo grateful for those who are being so supportive. And I feel sorry for those who haven't been, but I know when they see how much my life has improved, and that I'm still the same ole Becky, they'll come around.

And I know that those who matter will always love me!

No matter what,
Becky.

No comments:

Post a Comment