Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Weigh In Wednesdayyyy

Well, once again.. no news! How boring! I wish I had something really exciting to report.. buttt.. I really don't.

I'm kind of giving myself a break. I've busted my butt to get this far, and now that I've gotten over the 50 pound mark, I'm just cruising for a bit! I feel like it's kind of necessary to take some time off every once in a while to regain perspective in any situation, so this is no different! I, of course, can't take a break from eating right, because that was a lifestyle change plus the band will always make for smaller portions (thank youuuu lap banddd for helping me not to pig out like I used to!).

I'm ready to start going back to the gym again, I just find myself making those same old excuses! "I'm soo tired" "I had a long day!" "I'm on vacation!" "I did really good last week!" etc. I need to get refocused and remotivated and not slack off just because I did so well for the first 5 months. It's hard, ya know? I'm not being very inspiring this week whatsoever! I think my mind/body/soul are just tired. Worn out. Exhausted. Fatigued. Playing catch up. Idk. But whew. I need a pick me up!

My confidence is still progressively getting stronger and more genuine everyday. I am finally realizing that I don't look the same on the outside as I used to, and that other people, especially those who didn't know me before, don't see who I used to be, and that's just crazy, so I show them pictures. Haha. It's amazing what can happen and I look forward to making more progress! I'm really glad that so far I haven't really had any issues with extra skin or anything. Something I was quite scared about. Not to say that it won't happen, but it'd be cool if it were a non-issue!

I've also gotten back into the dating scene... which is quite entertaining to say the least! It's funny. We live in the South but gentlemen, like my Daddy, are so hard to find these days. They are few and far between. They come off as having good intentions and then, wham! They turn out to be sex crazed teenagers trapped in 20-something bodies. Not shocking, to say the least, I mean, they're only human, and it's an innate trait. Nothing against men in general, just the ones I've met so far ;) I don't want to settle and I don't want to wait around forever... so I'm just going to take it as it comes and get some experience.. kissing toads and waiting for that prince like my sister says!

I took a much needed trip to the beach this past weekend with Magan and Ashley T. It was soo nice just to get away just for a couple of days. And one of the highlights was definitely buying a size 14 in jeans and a dress! Seriously. Shut the front door. I haven't been a 14 since I was 14. And granted, they're pretty snug, and I need to lose about 5 more pounds for them to be comfortable, but holy crap. 14! And the dress fit perfectly which was awesome because it was the only size they had other than 20s. I have dropped from a 24 to a 14. Wow. 5 sizes! Or maybe more like 4.5 for now. Regardless, woohoo!

I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks. Lots of trips planned! I'll be heading to the beach with my sis, Jay and the baby to play "nanny" while they go to a wedding at the end of this month, the following weekend we'll head down to Greenville for the ECU/UNC game and then leave for a week long family trip!!! Soo excited. Not exactly sure where we're going yet, but that's half the fun :) After we get back, the next weekend we'll head down to Jacksonville for my uncle's Naval Change of Command ceremony, which is exciting because I've missed every single one! Only this time he's phasing out, so I missed the really exciting ones!

I have a feeling that life is about to change for the better. I'm not sure how, when or why, but I just know that good things are coming my way, and the harder I work, the better it will be :)

NMW,
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment